There are many opportunities to put our events and courses online. Here is a simple post outlining how to set up a course through Zoom.
1. Setting up a registration for your event
Its not safe to put a Zoom link on the internet. You can create a simple registration or email out the Zoom link depending on the size of your event. We tend to use google Forms. You could just send the link by email or use Eventbrite.
Start a new form
Fill in the details of the event and the questions you want to collect answers for
Click on the link button to send the registration form to others
You can see the responses on this same form
2. Buy a Zoom package. For all the course and events that we’ve run we’ve used the £11.99 package. This has been fine for small groups up to 100. If you’d like to have more guests you can simply pay and add in more.
3. Sign up for Zoom https://zoom.us/freesignup/
Download Zoom app
Click on the link that the course leaders send out
Read for more information https://naydawson.com/2020/05/07/zoom-for-beginners/
4. How to schedule a Zoom meeting
You’ll need to schedule the meeting, you’ll find this in your settings, simply fill out the details.
For recurring groups meetings tick the recurring box, then you can use the same link each week.
5. Check your settings before your start your meeting, this enables you to have all the functions you need. See pdf below
6. Pre assigned breakout groups
Many courses want to create pre arranged discussion groups, this is possible through Zoom.
Participants need to register with Zoom, make sure they tell you which email address they have signed up with. https://zoom.us/freesignup/
7. Sending the Zoom link to guests
Once you have saved your settings, click on copy invitation and send this to your guests.